New York Times Bestselling Author, Host of CNBC’s The Suze Orman Show, Leading Financial Advisor, Financial Speaker
USA Today describes Suze Orman as “a force in the world of personal finance,” deeming her a “one-woman financial advice powerhouse.” Orman is a New York Times best-selling author, a two-time Emmy Award winner, columnist, writer, producer, and one of the leading motivational speakers in the world.
Orman’s accomplishments in television are unparalleled. She is a contributing editor of Oprah’s magazine “O,” as well the Costco Connection Magazine. For the past ten years she has hosted the Suze Orman Show, an award winning financial program show, which airs Saturday nights on CNBC. She is also Public Television’s most successful fundraiser of all time.
Orman has won an unprecedented 7 Gracies, a prestigious award which recognizes the best television, cable, and radio programming made for, about and by women.
In 2007, she was the only woman on Business Week’s list of the top ten motivational speakers around the globe.
In 2008 and 2009, TIME Magazine listed her as one of the most 100 influential people in the world. Forbes honored Orman in 2009 when she placed 18th on their “The Most Influential Women in Media” list and again in 2010 as one of “The World’s 100 Most Powerful Women.”
Bentley University has presented her with an Honorary Doctor of Commercial Science degree, and the University of Illinois has presented her with an honorary Doctor of Humane Letters.
Orman was raised on Chicago’s South Side, and earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of Illinois in social work. At 30 years old, she was a waitress making $400 a month.
Awards and Accolades
- Winner of 7 Gracie Awards
- Winner of the Visionary Award (Council for Economic Education)
- Recipient of an honorary Doctor of Humane Letters from University of Illinois
- Winner of the National Equality Award (Human Right’s Campaign)
- Winner of the Amelia Earhart Award
- The Money Class: Learn to Create Your New American Dream
- Women and Money: Owning the Power to Control Your Destiny
- The Laws of Money, the Lessons of Life…
- The Road to Wealth
- The Courage to Be Rich
- The Nine Steps to Financial Freedom
- You’ve Earned It, Don’t Lose It: Mistakes You Can’t Afford to Make When You Retire